What platforms do I use?
The following is a list of the platforms I use:
- PC (running Arch Linux)
- Phone (for more casual games usually)
- Wii (for Wii, GameCube, and emulation)
- Nintendo 2DS (for 3DS, DS, GBA, and emulation)
- Nintendo Switch
- Xbox One
What games do I run on PC?
I run the majority of my games on Steam. Here is a list of the games I play on Steam, sorted by playtime:
- The Sims 4
- Garry’s Mod
- Among Us
- Mini Motorways
- Portal 2
- Cookie Clicker
- WB Multiversus
- Super Animal Royale
- Game Dev Tycoon
- Kerbal Space Program
- Golf With Your Friends
- Team Fortress 2
- RollerCoaster Tycoon: Deluxe
- Fallout Shelter
- Counter Strike: Global Offensive
- RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack
- Portal Stories: Mel
- Clicker Heroes
- Portal Reloaded
- Team Fortress Classic
- AdVenture Communist
- Aim Lab
- Crab Game
- AdVenture Capitalist
- Leaf Blower Revolution
- Counter-Strike: Source
- Half-Life: Opposing Force
- Super Auto Pets
- Half-Life: Blue Shift
- Half-Life: Restored
I run some older games through GOG. The following is a list of those:
- Doom 64
- Jill of the Jungle: The Complete Trilogy (1-3)
- SimCity 4 Deluxe Edition
- Unreal Gold
Some other games are owned on GOG that I will mention later due to source ports.
I run a couple games through Cloud Steaming. Here’s a list:
- Crayta (Facebook Gaming)
- Rayman Legends (Stadia, will move to Xbox soon)
I run some other games on my system that are not source ports or from a previously mentioned store. The following is a list of those:
- Minecraft (through PolyMC)
- Roblox (through Grapejuice)
- Various free indie games on itch.io (some through Wine, some through browser, some native)
- 0 A.D.
The following is a list of source ports that I run on my system for games that I own on other platforms, like Steam or GOG:
- OpenRCT2 (RollerCoaster Tycoon 2: Triple Thrill Pack)
- GZDoom (Doom 1, 2, Final Doom, Chex Quest, various mods)
- VKQuake (Quake 1)
- CorsixTH (Theme Hospital)
- Ultima IV (through ScummVM)
I’m not going to go over mobile games here, but I may make another post in the future about it.
I’m not going to go over all, but I’ll talk about what I play the most here.
- Mario Kart Wii, Double Dash, and 64
- Super Smash Bros: Melee and Brawl
- Sonic Adventure 1 (and possibly 2 in the future)
- Rhythm Heaven Fever
I’m not gonna go over emulation here either.
This section will be the same as the Wii. I’ll go over what I play.
- Rhythm Heaven DS and Silver (with fan translation)
- McDonald’s Japan eCDP (watch Nick Robinson’s video about it if you’re interested)
- Mario Kart 7 and DS
Again, the same thing. I’ll go over what I play.
- Animal Crossing: New Horizons
- Tetris 99
- Mario Kart 8 Deluxe
- Super Mario Odyssey
- Super Mario 3D All-Stars
- Super Mario 3D World + Bowser’s Fury
- Minecraft (when travelling)
- Minecraft Dungeons (since I bought it on Switch for some reason)
- Super Mario Maker
I don’t have any newer generation consoles yet, and I don’t care if I do. My specific model is the Xbox One S (not the Series S, the One S) with a disc drive.
- Destiny 2
- Forza Horizon 4
- Sonic Mania Plus
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy
- (in the future) Kingdom Hearts 1.5 + 2.5 HD ReMIX
If you have any suggestions for games I should try that I didn’t list here, and will work on my hardware (PC is i5-2400, 4GB ram, GT 1030), please let me know in the comments, I’d love to try more games. If you found this interesting, please like it. (no account required) Thanks for reading!